Agra tour guide: Must visit sights and experiences
Agra is a prominent tourist destination in Uttar Pradesh. It is a widespread assumption to believe that just the Taj Mahal makes Agra renowned. However, you will be in awe of this destination’s splendor and it is ideal for enthusiasts. In Agra, you will witness some of the impeccable magnificent structures and monuments. Without a doubt, the Taj Mahal is the most well-known structure that visitors visit in India as it is also among the Seven Wonders of the World. While in the vicinity, you may also book Agra tour packages to explore the city in a better wayand see further temples, tombs, and the Yamuna River. The history of Agra spans several centuries. It saw the collapse of Lodi, the rule of Akbar, Jehangir’s compassion, Shah Jahan’s devotion, and numerous other happenings.
Ways to reach Agra:
- By Air: Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi is the nearest airport to Agra. If you’re planning to visit via flight, Indiator is here to provide you with a seamless transfer from Delhi Airport to Agra.
- By Road: Book Agra tour has excellent road connectivity making it quite simple and convenient for tourists traveling to Agra by road.
- By Train: The railway station in Agra is well connected to all the major cities in India. You can opt for cabs, taxis, auto rickshaws, and so on to travel to the city.
Must visit sights in Agra:
Agra is a city of culture and heritage. The Agra tour package will take you to some of the must-visit sights in Agra, such as:
- Taj Mahal: History books, postcards, and the internet have all referenced it. The Taj Mahal may be viewed at any time, but it’s best to arrive before sunrise because the structure appears to radiate. By way of the west and east gates, visitors can access the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Agra Fort: Agra is home to Agra Fort, a centuries-old red sandstone fort that originally served as the imperial capital for a line of Mughal emperors, making it another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Itimad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb: Itimad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb, another one of Agra’s magnificent monuments, is located on the Yamuna River’s banks. It is believed that the remains of Mirza Ghiyas Beg, a Persian officer who worked for the Mughal empire, and his wife are preserved in the tomb.
- Mehtab Bagh: Mehtab Bagh, also referred to as the Moonlight Garden, is a square garden complex found close to the Taj Mahal on the Yamuna River’s banks. Particularly around dusk, Mehtab Bagh provides the ideal vantage point to see and record breathtaking views of the Taj Mahal.
- Fatehpur Sikri: Fatehpur Sikri is an ideal getaway and is within an hour’s drive from Agra. Tourists are allowed to tour the restored remnants of this red sandstone ghost town, which is still encircled by a fortress wall.
Know about the famous Agra cuisines:
The cuisine of Agra is renowned for its luscious tastes influenced by the Mughal dynasty. Roasted meats, dried fruit, nuts, spices, and creamy sauces are all included. A wide range of street cuisine is also available in the city, including savory and sweet morning delights like fried bread with stew and sweet fried dough in syrup. Popular is also parantha, a stuffed, fried flatbread that is typically loaded with vegetarian ingredients.
Petha, a classic treat, is a must-try for dessert enthusiasts. Petha, which has a delicious floral flavor and is made from white pumpkin cooked in syrup, is available in a variety of textures and tastes, including saffron, mango, and almonds. Book Agra tour today to taste the authentic delicacies of Agra.
The shopping experience in Agra:
Due to the abundance of art, craft, and other souvenir stores, tourists coming to explore Agra are unlikely to leave empty-handed. Every shop in these markets is distinctive in its own way and famous for different kinds of goods, which is what makes them special. There are several decently established malls with all the brands in addition to those street shops.
You have a wide selection of handicrafts, artifacts, leather goods, jewelry made of semi-precious stones, carpets, and other items to choose from when shopping. Many people who live in Agra are similar to the artists, jewelers, embroiderers, carpet makers, and weavers who travel here to exhibit their priceless abilities. Don’t miss out on shopping with Agra one day trip packages.
This Agra blog will give you a comprehensive guide for your future trips to Agra. Explore the Book Agra tour Book Agra tour online booking to have a fun-filled yet insightful city tour. Create your own once-in-a-lifetime vacation.
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024