Anjuna Beach Goa
Anjuna Beach Goa
Anjuna Beach is a popular beach of Goa, this 30 Km protracted beach is along the west coast of Goa and 18 Km from Panaji. Anjuna beach is popularly known as ‘Mother of all beaches’ and ‘freak capital of the world’. Anjuna Beach is highly famous among foreigners, long-stayers, and hippies.
Anjuna beach is surrounded by enchanting glances like the azure water of Arabian Sea, hills, swaying palm trees, white sands, and red laterite rocks all these things make this beach a popular destination among tourists. Anjuna Beach is a perfect place for nature buffs, party lovers, and for adventure lovers.
Things to Do in Anjuna Beach
Anjuna Beach is one of the most happening beaches in Goa with lots of things to do. Few of them are:
The beach carried out activities like Jet skiing, Para Gliding, and other Watersports at affordable prices.
The Acid House Party
Anjuna is also famous for its Acid House Party held on full moon night. This party is highly popular among youngsters for its trance party with dance, frolic, and hilarity goes all the night.
Rejuvenate your soul
There are two famous names Oceanic and Brahmani who organizes Yoga, Ayurvedic massage, and Reiki sessions.
Eating, drinking, and Nightlife
This is the place for palatable food and drinks for which people come across the globe. A few famous places are Café Diogo, Casa Anjuna, Banyan Soul, and Sea Bar.
Shopping in Anjuna Beach
The famous shopping market near Anjuna Beach is Wednesday Flea market, people of Goa also know this market with the name hippie market. You can enjoy shopping here with lots of bargains and buy things like trendy & fashionable jewellery, hip-hop dress, footwear, various handicraft items, and many more Gujarati, Kashmiri and Tibetan shops. This market is held every Wednesday.
How to Reach Anjuna Beach
By Air – Dabolim is the nearest Airport to reach Anjuna situated 29 Km from Panaji and 47 Km from Anjuna. There is direct flight connectivity from major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, etc.
By Train – The nearest railway station to reach Anjuna is 29 Km away i.e. Karmali and 11 Km from Panaji. Another station is Thivim, situated 19 km from the beach.
By Road – If you are coming from Mumbai by road, then board the bus from Mapusa to reach Anjuna.
Best Time to visit Anjuna Beach
The climate of Goa has been consistent throughout the year with slight changes in the temperature that’s why Goa has visited anytime in the year. April & May are warm with temperature 240C – 320C, June to October brings heavy rain, and the winter temperature range from 240C – 320C.
Tips for Traveler in Anjuna Beach
- Beware of tout Policeman – During the month of December & January, the beaches of Goa will be crowded and at this time tout policeman ask you for kind of help or favour, actually, it’s a plan to know your identity and later threaten you. So, maintain distance from these people.
- Beware of gem scams – You may come across people who become your friend and offer you gem business plan. Not to entertain them.
- Use mosquito repellant – If you are staying in budget hotels then must use mosquito repellant for the sake of your health.
- Always an eye on your kids – Never allow your kids to go out of your sight and do not take any eatery or drink from strangers.
- Avoid late-night walks – If you are a couple or solo traveller, then avoid late night walks and always try to be in your own group of people.
- Always keep helpline numbers with you – In India ‘100’ is the TOLL-FREE number for Police and ‘102’ for Ambulance
Nearby Attractions Anjuna Beach
Calangute Beach: It is another attractive beach of Goa where you can enjoy water sports, make a sand idol, and do romantic walks by the beach side.
Suggested tour package
February 20, 2020
February 14, 2020