Kerala – The most loved and picturesque destination in India
Whenever I have to ask to write about Kerala,I always think that What’s new I write about this state which I did not write before. What makes Kerala distinguished from other travel destinations? What more I write about the allure of the Kerala?
Well! Kerala gives so many reasons to love – Some love the nature, Some love the people of Kerala, Some love its tropical beauty, Some loves its culture, some loves the backwaters, some loves the food, and some loves the hospitality. Actually, Kerala has something to offer to everyone.
Wildlife of Kerala
Forest and Wildlife is the prosperity of Kerala. According to the figures, the total forest area of the Kerala state is 29% and around 42% is covered with natural water bodies, and the remaining land is used for living.
Kerala has rich wildlife, flora, and fauna. Kerala is a home of more than 1000 varieties of trees and plants, the name of some of them are Cassia, Teakwood, Palm, Bamboo, pepper, cardamom, tea, coffee, etc. This state is a home to a wide variety of fauna and endangered species of animals like Leopard, Elephant, Tiger, Giant squirrel, Nilgiri Tahr, Lion-tailed macaque, Gray Wolf, Sambar, Gray Langur, and Common Palm Civet.
There are also a huge variety of birds in Kerala like Indian Grey Hornbill, Kingfisher, Woodpecker, Oriental Bay Owl, Jungle Fowl, Oriole, Water Fowl, Oriental Darter, and much more. Kerala is also a home of King Cobra, Python, Viper, Crocodile, and Turtle.
- Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary
- Eravikulam National Park
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rajamala Wildlife Sanctuary
- Periyar National Park
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Thrissur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
Due to its pleasant weather, picturesque glances, backwater, romantic houseboat stays make this place one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India.Here’s a list of
10 romantic honeymoon destinations in Kerala
It is a hill station of Kerala surrounded by dense tea plantation, lush greenery, and fascinating climate.
- Alleppey –
Loved by honeymooners due to houseboat stay and serenity of the backwaters.
- Kovalam –
A place with beautiful beaches and panoramic glances.
- Bekal –
The place is surrounded by natural beauty, clean sand, and water with picturesque views.
- Wayanad –
Famous for Treehouse stay and natural beauty.
- Kumarakom –
A backwater town offers leisure activities like boating and fishing.
- Thekkady –
This place has various places to visit along with coffee and pepper plantation.
- Poovar Island –
A spectacular island encircled with natural beauty.
- Vagamon –
This town is being away from civilization and offers various sports activities for adventure lovers.
- Varkala Beach –
beautiful blue water and white sand beach.
Kerala backwater and houseboat tour are one of the top best tourist places to visit in Kerala. A Backwater with houseboat stay gives the enchanting and splendid experience for the lifetime. The tranquillity, serenity, and the mesmerizing beauty of the surroundings give you the awesome holiday. These houseboats give the magnificent glances of the lush paddy fields, rustic homes, coconut groves, coir villages, etc.
The state has numerous must visit and interesting museum in Kerala. The name of some of them are
- Hill Palace Archaeological Museum
- The Napier Museum
- Kuthiramalika Palace Museum
- Kerala Folklore and Culture Museum
- Bay Island Driftwood Museum
- Science & Technology Museum
- Priyadarshini Planetarium
- Arrakkal Museum
Hill Stations :
It is also famous for their hill stations, few of them are
- Munnar situated 1600 meters above sea level.
- Thekkady is surrounded by green hills and a home of wide species of flora and fauna.
- Vagbamon is situated 1200 meters above sea level, encircled by lofty mountains, waterfalls, and greenery.
- Ponmudi an ideal place for nature lovers having tea gardens, picturesque glances of nature, rivers, mountains, and pleasant climate.
- Lakkidi loved for a tranquil environment, serenity, and stunning landscape.
- Vythiri popularly known for temples, and Neolithic age Edakkal Caves
Art & Culture :
It is rich and prosperous in Art & culture. Few of them are –
- Kathakali – Kathakali is a blend of dance, gestures, drama, and music. The most impressive things about this art form are heavy costumes, crown, heavy jewellery, and painted faces.
- Krishnattam – This dance form is held in Guruvayoor Temple and dedicated to Lord Krishna.
- Chakyar Koothu – This is one of the oldest dance form based on facial expressions, hand gestures, and dance.
- Koodiyattam – This dance form is also enacted in temples. This dance form is performed by both men and women, the text is in Sanskrit. This dance form depicts all the four types of acts like Vachikam, Aharyam, Sathvikam, and Koodiyattom.
- Ramanattam, Ottanthullal and Mohiniyattam are three other oldest and enchanting dance forms of Kerala.
Ayurveda is an old treatment which gives harmony to your body, mind, and soul. It can rejuvenate your body and mind.
It is a land of Ayurveda treatment, it helps in treating the diseases like Infertility, Hypertension, Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Skin diseases, Bronchial Diseases, Obesity, Sinusitis & Migraine, Facial Paralysis, Tetraplegia, Nervous debility and much more.
So, here you go; now you have so many reasons and destinations to visit in Kerala. Make sure, opt your Kerala tour package from Indiator and enjoy all the bookings and reservations in advance to avoid last time travel inconvenience and hassle.
Suggested tour packages:
February 20, 2020
February 14, 2020