Top 5 Must-See Attractions in Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is a state in India which is known for its natural beauty. Located on the northern side of India, Himachal Pradesh is one of the most favourite holiday destinations for nature lovers.
It is loved so much by tourists that they keep visiting the state throughout the year. With its capital in Shimla, the state houses a number of mountain towns which have awe-inspiring scenic views to offer.
The Tibetan presence is very prominent in the state which is reflected by the numerous Buddhist monasteries and temples.
The Tibetan New Year is also celebrated with much pomp and fare in the state. The state has scopes for skiing, climbing and trekking. Let us now take a look at five of the must-see attractions of the state.
Manali- The honeymoon destination in India
Located at a height of 1829 meters, Manali happens to be one of the most loved hill stations of the entire range of the Himalayas in the state of Himachal Pradesh.Tourists love experiencing the breathtaking view of the surrounding hill stations of Manali.
The Himalayan peaks that can be spotted from the surroundings of Manali are seven sisters’ peak, Hanuman Tibba, Friendship peak, Manali peak, Ladakhi peak and Patalsu peak.
For those tourists who wish to indulge in adventure sports, the best time to visit is from the end of March to end of May.
How to reach Manali
- Bus services are available from Delhi to Manali throughout the year.
- Nearest railway stations are Kalka, Chandigarh, Shimla and Delhi
- Nearest airports are Bhunter, Shimla, Delhi and Chandigarh
- You can also take the road as Manali is connected by road with Kalka, Shimla and Chandigarh
Located at an altitude of 2200 meters, Shimla is one of the most popular hill stations in the northern part of India.
The capital city of the state is loved by honeymooners and families for the toy train, ridge and mall road among many other beautiful things.
The setting of the city amidst the picturesque hills and the woods, this happens to be one of those cities in the nation that is planned aesthetically.
The town which used to be the summer capital of India before independence has a natural beauty which is captivating. The roads are very well knit and utmost importance is paid to the cleanliness.
How to reach
- The Shimla airport is located twenty kilometres from the main city. However, this airport is not functional throughout the year.
- Chandigarh airport and Delhi airport are two nearby airports.
- By road, there are direct buses running to Shimla from Jaipur, Delhi, Punjab, and Haryana as well as from different parts of Uttar Pradesh.
- Kalka and Chandigarh railway stations are the nearest railway stations from Shimla.
Kullu is a famous tourist destination which is a valley which offers awe-inspiring views of the majestic hills which are covered by Pine and Deodar trees. Located at a height of 1230 m, Kullu is loved by those who are fascinated by nature’s beauty.
The lush green landscape, amazing climate and the pristine streams of river attract nature lovers. A number of adventure sports like mountaineering, trekking, river rafting and many others are offered by Kullu.
How to reach Kullu
- Jogindernagar is the nearest railway station to Kullu at a distance of 125 kilometres.
- Bhunter is the nearest airport to Kullu.
- There are daily flights from Chandigarh and New Delhi to Kullu.
- There are economical and luxury buses from the nearby towns as well as from New Delhi to Kullu.
The serene beauty of Dharma Shala
About Dharma Shala
It is located in the picturesque Kangra Valley of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 1475 meters. Surrounded by cedar trees, the exotic culture, the monasteries and the mountains laden with snow attract tourists to Dharma Shala.
How to reach
- Direct buses are available from Delhi
- The nearest railway station is Kangra Mandir.
- Pathankot is the most significant nearest railway station, however.
- The nearest airport is Gaggal airport.
The old-world charm and the natural beauty of Dalhousie are loved by all tourists. There are mansions of Victorian style in the place representing the colonial India. The river streams and the mountains offer a pollution free environment.
How to reach
- The nearest airports are Pathankot and Kangra Airport.
- There are buses running from Punjab and other cities of the state.
- Nearest railway station is Pathankot.
February 20, 2020
February 14, 2020