Planning a trip to Jodhpur? Here is your Travel Guide!!!!
Jodhpur, the pride of Rajasthan, attracts tourists from different parts of the world. Attractions such as Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada and Mandore Gardens makes Jodhpur a must visit in Rajasthan. If Jodhpur is also on your travel bucket list, then get a complete overview of the city.
Indiator presents a complete travel guide helping you explore different parts of Jodhpur.
When to Visit Jodhpur?
Is this the question which is bothering you? Well, it should. Everyone planning trip experiences this. Winter season i.e. October to March is the best time to visit the sun city. It is the peak season with temperature varying between 7 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius. Enjoy desert camping and even the famous festivals of Jodhpur like Marwar festival. Do check the calendar for dates of Holi and Diwali festival to have a great time in the city.
Although, winter is a great time to travel Jodhpur. But, if you are planning to go in summers or monsoons. Then there are some tips:
- For summers
From April to July, it is hot and dry. The temperature ranges between 32 degrees Celsius to 45 degrees Celsius. It is advised to wear cotton clothes and carry a sunscreen for protection from the sun.
- For Monsoons
From July until August, the city receives moderate rainfall. The temperature varies from 24 degrees Celsius to 37 degrees Celsius. This is an off-season wherein you can enjoy great deals by many hoteliers. If budget is your concern, then travel Jodhpur in Monsoons.
What’s in Store for you?
Religious sites, museums, parks and gardens make Jodhpur a must visit in Rajasthan. Here are some of the options you would like to explore from each of the categories:
1. Sardar Government Museum: This museum got its name from Maharaja Sardar Singh of Jodhpur. It is situated in the centre of Ummaid Bagh. A must visit for those looking for a detailed insight into the rich history and culture of Jodhpur. It has a great range of textiles, weapons, stone sculptures and other collectables.
2. Mehrangarh Fort Museum: Located in the centre of the city, it is one of the most popular forts in India. It portrays the rich history in the best way depicting the regal lifestyle of the royal families.
1. Mandore Garden: Dating back to 6th century, Mandore Gardens comprises a lot of temples, lawns and galleries. It is located 9km from the city of Jodhpur.
2. Nehru Park: It is a children’s park which is spread over an area of 14 acres. It has beautiful trees, ponds and swings where both children and adults can bond with each other.
3. Umed Garden: Built in an area of around 82 acres, it is listed amongst the spotlights of Jodhpur. It has five gates, Ashoka trees and a Zoo too. The seasonal flowers and roses add to the beauty of this place.
Mehrangarh Fort is the prime attraction of Jodhpur. The Fort is well-described in the words of Rudyard Kipling as a “Palace that might have been built by Titans and colored by the morning sun”. The sights of the gigantic walls, large courtyards and the inimitable art of the Rajput era will take your heart away. The fort also houses a museum which will take you back to the bygone era.
2.Umaid Bhawan Palace
Uncover the marvel of Rajasthani heritage with your visit to Umaid Bhawan Palace. The blend of the Beaux Arts style and eastern and western architectural styles makes this Palace a must visit. If you are thinking to stay in the Palace and experience the royal feel, then you can easily do that. A part of the Palace is used for guests and has three hundred and forty-seven rooms.
Jaswant Thada is yet another attraction of the city. Here, discover a beautiful tomb made in the memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. The great part of this tomb is that it is made of marble and emits glow when the sunbeams fall on its surface.
Where to Shop?
A trip is incomplete without shopping. It makes perfect sense when you are travelling to a heritage city. Buy some Jaipuri stuff back to your home.
- Kapda Bazaar: It is one of the most popular bars of Jodhpur offering a wide variety of items related to Rajasthan. It offers a huge range of dress-material, bandhani, lehariya and block prints.
- Mochi Bazaar: Want to buy some footwear? Head to Mochi Bazaar. It is a well-known market for Mojris or traditional Jodhpuri shoes available in a variety of colours and intricate designs.
- Sarafa Bazar: Do visit Sarafa Bazar on your trip to Jodphur. Bandhini and Lahariya is the main attraction of this market.
Relish the Jodhpuri Cuisine
Food makes a large part of any trip. Thus, if you are travelling Jodhpur, then do not miss on Jodhpuri cuisine. Here are some of the dishes that you must give it a try on your trip to Jodhpur:
- Rolling Beans Curry
- Kaju Draksh ki Sabji
- Curry Made Out of sweet Gulab Jamun
- Curry Made Out of Namkeen
- Mawa Kachori
- Pyaaz Ki Kachori
- Mirchi Bada
- Lal Maas
Now that you know when to go, what to do and what to eat, then what are you waiting for. Plan your trip to the Sun City and make it a memorable experience for yourself and your family. Enjoy!!!!
February 20, 2020
February 14, 2020