Explore the best of Jaipur | Tour & Travel Guide
Jaipur, also known as the Pink City, is a culturally rich and beautiful city in Northern India. It was founded in November 1727 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II and named after him. Jaipur is the capital and largest city of Rajasthan. The city’s architecture is a major attraction, with its streets and markets all aligned East to West and North to South. Jaipur has many magnificent buildings that add to its charm. If you’re planning a trip to Jaipur, this travel guide will be a helpful companion. Jaipur is a great place to spend your holiday. The pink walls throughout the city are stunning, and the palaces add to its grandeur. The wide roads, statues, and trees make it even more charming. Jaipur pink city tour will leave a lasting impression and make you want to return.
Know about Jaipur’s Art and Culture:
Jaipur is a city rich in art and culture, with places like Jawahar Kala Kendra and Ravindra Manch being must-visit spots. The city is famous for crafts like Bhandhani, Block printing, Kinari, Gota, Zari, and Zardozi, as well as Blue pottery, Ivory carving, Silver, Kundan, and Meenakari jewelry. Folk music and dance are also popular, with Ghoomar and Chari being the main attractions.
Local delicacies like mangodi, papad, khichdi, buttermilk, and sohan halwa are must-try dishes, while markets offer exquisite handicrafts like carved silver jewelry, kundan and meenakari jewelry, ivory sculptures, woodwork, and leather goods. The traditional clothes with the work of bandhani, zari, and zardozi, are a testament to the city’s vibrant culture. Book Jaipur tour packages via Indiator and witness the authentic art and culture of Jaipur.
Top tourist attractions in Jaipur:
Jaipur is known for its beautiful monuments and architecture which attracts numerous tourists every year, some of them are:
- Hawa Mahal: This famous monument is located at the Badi Chaupad intersection. It has five floors with uniquely decorated chambers and offers a great view of the City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and Siredeori Bazar. The palace also has a small museum with some relics and miniature paintings.
- Nahargarh Fort: It is located on the outskirts of Jaipur and offers stunning views of the city. It is adorned with intricate carvings and stonework and, along with the neighboring Amer and Jaigarh Forts, used to protect Jaipur city.
- Amer Fort: It is a grand palace located on a hill near Jaipur. It is also known as the Amber Fort and is part of a large complex. Visitors can explore the fort in 2-3 hours and audio guides are available to learn about its history.
- Choki Dhani: This is a fancy resort that represents Rajasthani village culture. It’s situated outside the city on Tonk Road and has traditional Rajasthani artifacts, handicrafts, paintings, and sculptures. You can enjoy various entertainment options there. It’s also famous for its Rajasthani food.
- City Palace: The City Palace in Jaipur was the main residence of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh. It consists of several buildings, including the Chandra Mahan and Mubarak Mahal, and is divided into courtyards and gardens. With a full day Jaipur Pink City tour, you can explore this magnificent palace.
Optimal time to visit Jaipur:
Although Jaipur generally has a warm climate, the period between October and March can be considered the optimal time to visit the pink city. So, it is recommended to book Jaipur tour packages to avoid any issues and explore hassle-free.
If you’re planning a trip to Jaipur soon and traveling by flight, consider checking out our private Jaipur Airport transfer for convenient and safe transfer. Our skilled drivers will drive you to your desired destination smoothly. Moreover, if you want to explore the best of Jaipur, book the Jaipur City tour with elephant ride that will provide you with the best traveling experience ever. Get to know this beautiful city better by indulging in the culture and traditions this city has to offer.
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024