Explore the Incredible Jim Corbett National Park
Situated in the foothills of the majestic Himalayas, Jim Corbett National Park is widely known for its remarkable tiger population, making it the national park in India with the highest concentration of these majestic animals. This sanctuary has over 600 species of birds, approximately 480 types of plants, and various mammals and reptiles. It is also considered to be India’s most visited national park. Covering an extensive area of nearly 520 sq km in Uttarakhand’s Nainital district, this is a destination for adventure enthusiasts and wildlife fanatics alike. With Jim Corbett National Park booking, tourists can indulge in an array of thrilling activities such as hiking, rock climbing, river rafting, and rappelling. But, aside from these activities, tourists can also relish the peacefulness of nature and witness its wonders.
History of Jim Corbett National Park:
It was established in 1936 and holds the distinction of being India’s first National Park. Moreover, the park underwent three name changes over the years. It was initially named Hailey National Park, then renamed Ramganga National Park after India gained independence, and finally, after the death of renowned wildlife conservationist Jim Corbett, it was renamed Jim Corbett National Park in 1955. On August 8, 2021, the park celebrated its 85th anniversary since its establishment on the same day in 1936. It is regarded as the most prestigious National Park in India.
Things to do in Jim Corbett National Park:
There’s a range of things you can do here, some of them are:
- Experience the magical landscapes, lush greenery, and lofty hills of Jim Corbett National Park.
- Enjoy the thrilling and adventurous sport of River Rafting at Kosi River.
- Indulge in wildlife photography and witness exotic wildlife on a Jeep Safari.
- Try fishing in the blissful Ramganga River and Kosi River, where you can catch Goonch and Mahseer.
- Explore the tranquil forests of Jim Corbett on a cycling tour.
- Add a touch of adventure to your trip by rope slithering on the old suspension bridge built over the KosiRiver.
- Enjoy a safe and fun-filled day with your family and children body surfing at Kichadi River.
- Spend some quality time with your loved ones camping in the park.
- Seek divine blessings at Garjia Temple.
Best time to explore Jim Corbett National Park:
The best time to explore Jim Corbett Park is from October to February when the weather is pleasant, and the wildlife is abundant. Monsoons are not recommended for Jim Corbett excursions due to potential soil erosion and landslides caused by heavy rainfall. During summer, animals tend to congregate around water bodies to quench their thirst, making it a great time to spot them despite the extreme temperatures.
Places to visit in Jim Corbett National Park:
Planning a trip soon? Below mentioned are some places that you can visit.
- Corbett Museum: The Corbett Museum in Kaladhungi, formerly the residence of the renowned hunter-turned-conservationist Jim Corbett, is known for its historical significance. The museum houses a fascinating collection of personal items and letters belonging to Corbett, as well as an impressive array of photographs and antiques.
- Jhirna: This Jim Corbett zone is located in the park’s southern region and is known for its easy animal viewing in its dense forest. It’s one of the most popular sites to visit in Jim Corbett since you’ll get a chance to observe creatures like nilgai, sambhar, and cheetah in their natural environment.
- Birjani: Bijrani is a beautiful area known for its dense forest, vast meadows, natural drains, and animals. It is an arid zone of the park with diversified vegetation. Birjani has been noted for the quality of its hunting game since the British time.
- Sitabani Forest Reserve: Sitabani Forest Reserve is an innately contained habitat located on the other side of the renowned National Park. The reserve is surrounded by the Himalayan foothills. It is one of the tourist destinations in Jim Corbett that is home to various species alike, and much more in its dense Sal woods.
With Jim Corbett jeep safari booking, you will get to experience the best of Jim Corbett National Park and its natural habitat. There are approx. 25 tourist spots where you can have to spend quality time during your vacation. Get going with your adventurous holiday now!
May 9, 2023
January 24, 2019
September 13, 2018